ENT and Allergy Associates, New York and New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly Full Time Medical Receptionist for our Hoboken office location.
The overall purpose of this position is to assist the Practice Site Administrator with the daily operation of the practice and to be a liaison between the patient’s and physician’s/clinical staff.
Essential responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare the office in the morning
- Turn on all office equipment, take phones off service, and collect messages from the answering service
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Book ENT, Allergy, Audiology and Speech Therapy appointments
- Take messages when necessary by tasking through NextGen
- Schedule in-office patients with ENT, Allergy, Audiology and Speech Therapy appointments
- When scheduling new patient appointments, instructions should be provided along with a token number for our webportal enrollment and forms completion
- Check eligibility and benefits for patients via the Phreesia dashboard
- When benefits or eligibility cannot be obtained through Phreesia – the Lead Patient Representative is expected to call the insurance company for clarification.
- Pleasantly greet all incoming patients
- Ensure new patients complete the necessary fields on our intake forms via Phreesia, the Patient Portal or paper forms when requested
- Existing patients should be offered a Phreesia pad or update form to confirm information and the
- Patient should be given the appropriate annual update forms as needed
- Ensure accurate demographic and patient history information is entered into NextGen
- All information must be double-checked for date of birth, social security number, patient address, and insurance info prior to accurately being entered in a timely manner
- Collect copay and visit charges at the time of service and assist patients with billing or payment plan inquiries
- Be a liaison between the patient and CBO
- Document daily collections on the Phreesia dashboard or on a manual payment journal
- Ensure collections reconcile with cash on hand throughout the day and complete a final reconciliation at the end of the day before dropping money envelope in the safe
- Ensure all HMO patients have a valid referral before being seen
- Appropriately distribute and address all incoming faxes, mail, and deliveries
- Make certain the waiting room is neat and presentable for patients. Wipe down children’s toys and Phreesia pads with antibacterial wipes
- Reschedule appointments during inclement weather or unexpected emergencies
- Ensure phones are on Service at the end of the day and provides the answering service with the on-call schedule
- When closing the office, lock all doors upon leaving
- On occasion, you may be expected to cover in the surrounding offices, when the schedule permits
- Work collaboratively with the PRRC agents to assist patients in a timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills - friendly and poised
- Able to deal with varied types of people
- Willing to help the Department in crunch situations
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize them well
- Flexible about work hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a completely comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- NextGen a plus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in the medical field and knowledge of medical insurance a plus
Monday - 9:30 - 7:30
Tuesday - 8:00 - 5:30
Wednesday - 7:30 - 4:30
Thursday - 8:30 - 5:30
Friday - 7:30 - 4:00
Saturday - 8:00-12:00 (on rotation)
**Please note that the hours are subject to change**
Please note: hours are until the last patient has been checked out and are subject to change based on physician schedules.
Please note: ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is an E-Verify employer.
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Tel: (914) 333-5800
Fax: (914) 333-2540